The Incredible Swinging 60s
BEEFEATER, Get Londonized! – London dress code
Beefeater Gin (2009 – 2011) / PERNOD RICARD / Special event
The launch event of the project London Dress Code, a creative platform that presents the unique identity of the London pop culture by means of a journey in the trends of fashion and music. Every event is focused on a fashion show prepared by young designers (students)
• 2009: Swinging 60s followed by a charity auction to sell designer outfits
• 2010: The Punk & Glam Rock Style of 70s
• 2010: The Romantic 80s
• 2010: The Pride of the 90s
• 2011.: Today: No Limits!
Raised awareness, attracting new gin & tonic consumers by means of prestigious events and promoting London fashion and music.
• Main target public:
Age: 23+; with a taste for the modern, keen on cultural tradition and authenticity ;
Identity: daring, offbeat, cosmopolitan, confident, creative;
• Auxiliary publics: media, celebs, opinion leaders.
• Cooperation with the National Academy of Arts | Department of Fashion Design;
• Creating a dedicated collection of outfits in the spirit of the decade;
• Presentation to a large and relevant audience generated online via the project’s Facebook page;
• A special event at a unique venue: SKLADA (The Warehouse) – an allusion with the style of the Underground; creating a London atmosphere
Agency’s goal, anticipated results
• Beefeater = a loved brand
• Beefeater = a symbol of London’s original culture
• More online and offline fans
• Beefeater takes up the role of London’s fashion and music ambassador
• Beefeater: teams up creatively with talented young designers by providing worthwhile publicity for them
How to attain goals:
• An unconventional venue
• Entrance with invitations only
• A balanced mix of music, fashion and ambience
• Beefeater manages the creation and making of outfits in the spirit of London’s Swinging 60s involving students from the National Academy of Arts;
• Selection of partners: the venue (SKLADA); the DJ; leading hair stylists and makeup artists, amateur fashion models;
• Media announcements: an opening press release; circulation of information about the product/brand and project to media | a press conference for the start of the project in the event’s venue ahead of the evening party;
• Branding of the space, thematic visuals, a special DJ selection; styling and performance;
• Online: Did you hear about Dress Code – become a fan online!
A Facebook page developed especially for the project; building a community reached by news related to the event and project;
• SWINGING 60’s: presence with invitations only; famous guests: fashion designers, stylists, photographers | media, partners, students;
• A charity auction for the sale of designer outfits from the event.
• Guests of event: 570
• Media interest in press conference: 19 media, 2 TV stations (spontaneous coverage;
• TOTAL 48 media reports
> web 26; press 14; video content 1
• Attained brand awareness:
> Beefeater mentions (no video): 92 | print media: 30; web: 62
> Photographs: 105 | print media: 29; web: 76
> Video coverage: 22 min. 70 sec.
• Equivalent of PR costs (EUR), VAT exclusive: EUR 22,364