A meteo-fashion forecast
Deichmann: shoe fashion trends fall & winter 2011/2012
A special thematic event
Presentation to media of the fall/winter collection of German shoe retailor Deichmann (20 September 2011 )
Wide media response positioning the brand as a fashion icon
A selection of an intriguing theme of the event (all Deichmann presentations are thematic featuring themes generated by the agency).
• A very limited budget – EUR 2000
• A limited range of shoe models available at Deichmann stores at the date of event
The agency opted for a closed VIP presentation to media only and for an unconventional way to highlight trends in the new Deichmann collection:
• Moderator: a popular personality; no involvement of the corporate communications department
• The moderator presents upcoming trends in the format of a weathercast: a playful mix of a meteo with a fashion forecast, as the new season comes nearer
• An exclusive mini-show with a thematic dance
• Selection of an artistic venue for the event
Agency’s goal, anticipated results
Detailed coverage in media focused on fashion (press, online) by way of extensive articles with photos telling stories; coverage of the type “news from Deichmann” aimed to transform the brand into an ambassador of fashion trends.
Deichmann always offers accurate forecasts for your style; we sell satisfaction from living, not just shoes
How to attain goals:
• An interesting topic, the right venue and atmosphere
• Providing for VIP media presence (editors-in-chief, fashion editors)
Your meteo fashion forecast
We created a parallel between the Deichmann 2011/2012 fall/winter collection and a weather forecast.
Direct target publics: media, indirect target publics: readers and fashion fans of the brand – current customers and prospects.
What we expect
Unexpected image and messages from a mass market brand; media coverage with detailed articles accentuating the happening and featuring the latest trends form Deichmann.
The fashion forecast was presented by a popular TV hostess in a format reminiscent of weather reports and with distinct style, professional dancers, thematic careering in the shoe collection colours and beautifully arranged models.
Venue: a new jazz club downtown Sofia
Atmosphere: Thematic decoration for the coming season – umbrellas, autumn leaves and snowflakes, a huge map of Bulgaria carrying icons of rain and snow plus the locations of all Deichmann stores. We arranged sixty pairs of shoes inviting visitors to take a look and why not try some of them.
Plot: a 40-minute show in which hostess Iva Doychniova acted the part of a weatherwoman between two thematic dance sessions highlighting the seasons of autumn and winter when shoes matter a lot.
Invited media outlets: 30 | Media outlets who turned up: 30 (no exception), 36 journalists
Media coverage of events (items/reports): 39 (print: 17 | online media: 22)
• All invited editors-in-chief honoured the event
• Presence of stars from the pop music and art scene arranged by the agency – jazz singer Hilda Kazasyan, actress Sylvia Lultcheva and singer and actress Desi Tenekedzhieva
• Response: the phrase most often repeated in personal conversations with journalists asked to share their impressions from the event was “Deichmann events are always unique and surprising and we are impatient to see what the next one will be”.